KS

havent had my period for 4 months but not pregnant & have not been sexually active since dec. i did blood work & urine test at clinic & came out fine. i do have slight cramps after eating almost anythig, not sure if its my diet?

Dr. Madhu Kandarpa
Nephrology and Dialysis 9 years experience
Check other hormones: There are several causes- always to start with pregnancy even if it means checking few times- blood tests and ultrasound are more reliable. Others are thyroid disease, pituitary gland problems etc. Always check with your doctor.
Pathology 49 years experience
Need to examine: Menstrual irregularities are not uncommon and anovulatory cycle is a common cause. Since you missed than two periods it is time to see your doctor. If you do not wish to be pregnant, use contraception all the time. You may consider implanted contraceptive or an IUD. Consult this site for info. http://www.nichd.nih.gov/health/topics/menstruation/conditioninfo/Pages/causes.aspx