can laser therapy be used to quit smoking?

Dr. James Donley
Dentistry 54 years experience
Yes: Cold laser therapy has been found to be useful in quitting smoking.

Is it safe for me to quit smoking suddenly while pregnant?

Dr. Jeff Livingston
Yes: If you smoke you should stop. The faster you stop the better. There is no danger for the baby to go cold turkey.

Is it safer to taper off cigarettes or to quit smoking fast while pregnant?

Dr. Padmavati Garvey
Quit fast: The faster you quit the better. Better to use nicotine gum, patches, etc rather than continue smoking. Ideally quitting cold turkey is best.

I just quit smoking and all I do is eat, am I always going to replace my addiction with something else?

Dr. Vasu Brown
Integrative Medicine 34 years experience
Glutamine need: Taking orally glutamine will stabilize the brain chemicals causing cravings. Take glutamine wait for 20 min if still feel like snacking then eat. The reason for smoking and need to eat is underlying stress or anxiety that needs to be addressed. Cognetive behaviour therapy will further help to understand these underlying issues.

Can my lungs heal themselves if I stop smoking?

Dr. Kevin Considine
Yes: Yes, it is possible for your lungs to heal to a certain extent provided one stops eary enough before severe permanent damage/scarring or disease has set in. By definition, one has COPD if one has smoked a pack daily of cigarettes for 20 years or more. Statistically, if one stops early enough one's risk of getting lung cancer decreases to non smoker levels if one quits for 5 years or more!

If I stop smoking will that help heal my copd?

Dr. Andrew Carroll
Dr. Andrew Carrollanswered
Yes: Some elements of your COPD will get much better after quitting smoking. Depending on your age and how long you smoked, some of the changes in your lungs will be irreversible. However, the ability to clear secretions and keep harmful bacterial and dust out of your lungs will improve immensely, making your lungs function much better.