Colorado Springs, CO

my daughter is 11 months old and has had a fever for over 24hrs i took her to the er last night and they said she may have a ear and viral infection they gave me amoxicillian and informed me to give her tylonal and motrin every other 4 hrs its not decreas

Good news/bad news: The good news is you had your daughter seen & they didn't find a terrible problem. The bad news is that many viral illnesses will have fever as part of their natural course & meds may not alter the fever. The fever is not destructive, it is a sign the body recognizes illness & speeds up it's metabolism to fight it. I would concentrate more on assuring good fluid intake to avoid dehydration.
Dr. Ratna Dhingra
See her pediatrician: ear infections can be caused by viruses or by bacteria.amoxicillin is for bacterial infections.fever control makes the baby comfortable.i would see the pediatrician for follow up

Last updated Sep 12, 2014