can you tell me about breast reduction surgery?

Dr. Barry Handler
Plastic Surgery 32 years experience
Breast Reduction: Your question is too vague. Breast reduction surgery removes excess skin and breast tissue from select areas of the breast so as to permit reconstruction of a smaller breast to relieve symptoms attributable to excess size. The goal is to do so in an aesthetically acceptable manner preserving nipple sensation and ability to nurse. Risks are loss of sensation, inability to nurse, poor cosmesis.
Dr. Richard Tholen
Plastic Surgery 41 years experience
It's common and good: Too-large breasts can be symptomatic, and height/weight calculations can determine how much breast tissue must be removed for insurance to cover the operation. Anything less than this, and it is considered "cosmetic, " elective, or a breast lift. You will have scars, and a 15% of more risk of permanent nipple numbness or loss of breast-feeding ability. Good design, skilled surgery>>> good results.
Dr. Tom Pousti
Specializes in Plastic Surgery
Patient Pleasing: Breast reduction surgery tends to be one of the most patient pleasing operations performed. During this operation, “excess” breast tissue and skin is removed. The breasts themselves are lifted on the chest wall. This operation tends to help patients with neck, back, shoulder discomfort and may help patients with posture as well. Best wishes.
Dr. Shlomo Widder
Plastic Surgery 45 years experience
Happy patients: Breast reduction surgery is both functional and aesthetic. Reducing the size will enable you to function better and at time eliminate shoulder pain and skin irritation in the sumammary crease. The aesthetic part involves skin tightening and elevating the nipple position . There are multiple techniqes to do it. Most importantly, consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon