Massillon, OH

when a person has endometriosis, a sign is heavy periods, but can one have endometriosis and have short periods?

Dr. Neeoo Chin
Fertility Medicine 40 years experience
Yes: Endometriosis can present in many different ways. Some will have very painful heavy menstrual cycles and others will have actually no pain and light menstrual cycles. Some also have pain with intercourse. One of the most common findings with the presence of endometriosis is infertility.
Dr. Denny Rodenberg
General Surgery 31 years experience
Certainly: A sign may be heavy periods, but it doesn't make a diagnosis. Endometriosis can vary remarkably in extent and how it presents. The period type isn't a strong indication of this disease.