Flushing, NY

I'm prescribed 100mg of zoloft and 1mg of klonopin. can i take the zoloft at dinner time and the klonopin at bedtime. i am currently taking 50mg zoloft in the morning and 50 at night. the 50mg in the morning makes me very sleepy?

Dr. Pamela Pappas
Medication timing: Best thing to do is talk with your prescribing physician about this. But, if the morning zoloft (sertraline) dose makes you drowsy, you could speak with your doctor about taking all at night. Eventually, you might even be able to taper off the bedtime Klonopin that way -- who knows? But, please don't stop the Klonopin suddenly.
Dr. Andrew Ho
Related question: About fluoxetine, same thing applies to zoloft (sertraline) (sertralene) and other antidepressants: https://www.Healthtap.Com/#user_questions/239684-at-what-time-of-day-should-i-take-my-fluoxetine-pills time of day does not matter except for side effects.

Last updated May 21, 2017