I have a diabetes iam 26 year old my fasting is 136 and after meal it's 160 some time 180 iam not having medication is it any problem to be without?

Dr. Jeffrey Juchau
Need treatment: Your sugars are elevated, but a better measure of your diabetic control is a hemoglobin A1c this shows your control for the last 3 months. You need to have this checked and need to be on some treatment. Get in to see your doctor. You are young and if you treat your diabetes now you should live a long healthy life.
Dr. Vered Lewy-Weiss
Possibly: Fasting blood sugars of 136 mg/dl are fairly elevated. It would be a good idea to review your sugars with your physician. For type 2 diabetes sometimes patients start with metformin which helps to lower fasting blood sugar. For patients who won't take oral medication or who have been unsuccessful with it, sometimes basal Insulin is helpful.

Last updated Oct 3, 2016