what can cause painful joints on one side of the body?

Dr. Steven Licata
Sports Medicine 24 years experience
Osteoarthritis: In the absence of any injury osteoarthritis and inflammatory arthritis are most common causes.

Is it advisable to immobilize my leg after pulling my hamstring if the pain is not severe?

Dr. Randy Lisch
Podiatry 38 years experience
No: Try to massage the hamstring with a roller and stretch the muscle gently as much as possible.

My daughter just came back from haiti..She has a 1" radius of redness with a black center? Is this a spider bite? She is having pain with it.

Dr. Cornelia Franz
Specializes in Pediatrics
Could be : She needs to be seen and have that evaluated. Black center means a necrotic center and may need to be debrided. Make an appointment.

I feel like I have pain in my kidneys. What could this be?

Dr. Tarek Naguib
Nephrology and Dialysis 40 years experience
Muscle pain?: Pain in back muscles is more common reason for this complaint than actual kidney pain. But kidney stone possibility cannot be ruled out. Also, could be related to kidney infection esp if you have signs of of UTI e.g. Burning, frequency, or foul odor with urination. A visit to your doc will help differentiate this.
Columbia, SC

My littlt toe on the left foot is painful what could be causing it to hurt?

Dr. Randy Lisch
Podiatry 38 years experience
Various answers: This could be due to a broken toe, or a corn on the toe or an ingrown toenail. Please see your local podiatrist for the answer and treatment. This is usuallly a condiition that is easily and quickly treated in the doctors office.

Can there be anything that could cause painful joints on just one side of the body?

Dr. Kenneth Merriman
Orthopedic Surgery 47 years experience
Not specifically : But it could be that what ever type of joint problem you are dealing with is just showing up on one side at this time if this is causing sig problems it would be wise to see a doctor about this.

Last updated Dec 8, 2018