Antioch, CA

i get very lightheaded, dizzy and my vision goes dark when i first stand up. i literally have to hold onto something for about 30-45 seconds. i don't have any health insurance, what could it be?

Dr. William Goldstein
Ophthalmology 31 years experience
Low blood pressure: Low blood pressure or low blood volume (dehydration can cause that) can make it difficult for your heart to pump blood up to your head when you stand up. There are other more rare causes, but you should probably see a doctor to check it out. This problem is called orthostatic hypotension.
Dr. Dan Fisher
Low output: You're describing symptoms of low cardiac output. This is either due to volume depletion or inappropriate cardiac response. You should see a doctor if maintaining good hydration.