Is the medfast weight loss program a healthy approach to dieting?

Dr. Vasu Brown
Integrative Medicine 35 years experience
Another program: Weight loss program works provided it fits your personality and medical issues. All weight loss program works to a certain extent but the ongoing lifestyle management and stress management is upto you.
Dr. Scott Mitchell
Bariatrics 24 years experience
Remember to keep that weight off it is essential to significantly increase your activity level. Nobody is going to diet forever and nobody should, so to lose weight and successfully keep it off you must increase your activity level and boost your baseline metabolism.
Sep 17, 2012
Dr. George Valdez
Specializes in Family Medicine
No: I'm sorry if i step on toes, but i've seen this program charge too much money for extremely inconsistent long term results, and a few times have seen dangerous issues overlooked in what is supposedly medically supervised program. I make no money from weight watchers, but I have seen them get the most consistent long term results.
Dr. Linda Everett
Meal replacements: Medifast is a healthy approach to weight loss if you follow it as directed. Studies show that people who use meal replacements are more successful at losing and maintaining weight loss. Having a "lean and green" meal plus 5 Medifast meals will give you all the nutrients you need.