is my shallow breathing pattern due to anxiety?

Dr. Dan Fisher
Could be: If you are able to take big deep breaths at other times the answer is very likely yes.

Where should I seek help for social anxiety disorder?

Dr. Robert Stewart
Clinical Psychology 44 years experience
Call psychologists: Or other mental health professionals and ask if they have training and experience treating social anxiety. The treatment that has proven most effective is relaxation training coupled with cognitive therapy that includes gradual exposure in imagination and real life. Since counseling is a very personal undertaking, find someone who feels comfortable to you.

What can I do if I am recovering from the type a flu and having breathing problems?

Dr. Terry Simpson
General Surgery 35 years experience
Get to an ER: If you have breathing troubles get to an er to be evaluated immediately.

When must I get professional help for my child if he has stranger anxiety?

Dr. Robert Stewart
Clinical Psychology 44 years experience
When it's a problem.: Some anxiety (shyness) with strangers is normal and good. You want your child to be cautious with strangers. Honor the child's discomfort with anyone being too intimate. But if the anxiety is causing problems or distress in the child's life, talk to a professional as soon as possible to help decide what needs to be done. The sooner the issue is addressed, the easier it is to resolve.
Chilhowie, VA

I obsessivly pick sores on my hands and scalp, why can't I stop even though it hurts? Is it anxiety or something else?

Dr. John Hsiao
Something else: If it 's not irritation (itching) then you probably have dermatillomania, which is just a fancy way of saying you obsessively pick at yourself. This is thought to be related to obsessive-compulsive disorder & may improve on an ssri antidepressant. Cognitive-behavioral therapy might also help. You could also try wearing a hat & gloves (kidding). Anxiety makes it worse.
Canada

My baby seem to forget breathing at night, is it normal?

Dr. Prakash Bhoopalam
Probably!: Most babies pause breathing for 15 to 20 seconds in the first few months of life. If the breathing resumes spontaneously and there is no change in color it s usually normal. Make sure you take him to his doctor for a ceck up.

Last updated Nov 28, 2017