what can i use to clean my grandmothers eye crust?

Dr. Theodore Leng
Ophthalmology 16 years experience
Washcloth or tissue: A clean washcloth or tissue with water would work the best.

Does anyone know the function of the anterior chamber in our eye?

Dr. Matheson Harris
Ophthalmology 16 years experience
Part of the system: The anterior chamber separates the cornea from the lens, both of which work together to focus light onto the retina. The anterior chamber is full of clear fluid called aqueous humor, which is important for the health of the cornea.

What should I do about my scratched eye; scratched the white part?

Dr. Jeffrey Gold
Ophthalmology 53 years experience
See Eye MD now.: Any scratch on your eye can lead to an infection and mandates a visit to an eye md.

Contacts are different strengths in each eye; how can I tell if I switched them?

Dr. Richard Carlin
Ophthalmology 50 years experience
Try them in each eye: When they are in the right eyes, both eyes should see well. If not, one or both eyes will be blurry.

What do you call people with different eye colors in each eye?

Dr. Nika Ferdowsi
Specializes in Family Medicine
Heterochromia Iridum: This is called heterochromia iridum. It means that one eye has more melanin (color pigment) in one eye vs. The other. It can be due to a variety of causes, but most commonly genetics.

Is being blind in one eye considered being legally blind?

Dr. Mitchell Vogel
Ophthalmology 30 years experience
No: Most states require a level of vision and a certain level of visual field loss in order to be considered legally blind in both eyes. Ask an eye doctor in your state what your definitions are. There are many different definitions; check them out online and have a great day.