scoliosis with a leg length discrepancy treatable?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Alfredo Garcia
55 years experience Pediatrics
Scoliosis: Yes, scoliosis and leg length discrepancy are both treatable. An othopedic surgeon will best advise on the mode of treatment which unfortunately may require ultimate surgery.
Answered on Oct 4, 2016
Dr. Thomas Dowling
39 years experience Orthopedic Spine Surgery
Yes but: Sonetimes there is an apparent leg length change due to the scoliosis affecting the pelvis and othertimes a true large leg length discrepancy can lead to a pelvic tilt and a scoliosis that occurs to compensate for this keeping the head centered over the body. You need to see which is the case for the appropriate treatment.
Answered on Oct 30, 2016