Chickasha, OK

can my sons doctor prescribe something for pain for my two year old that has extreme strep, tylenol (acetaminophen) and motrin just are not even cutting it anymore :(?

Dr. Lisa Roberts
Call your doctor: First, be sure you are giving the right dosage of the medications for your child's weight. Acetaminophen with Codeine is one option if otc cold medication is not helping. However if symptoms are worsening despite antibiotics or he is not able to swallow, you may need to have him seen again to be sure nothing more serious is going on that would warrant a different treatment regimen.

Last updated Aug 4, 2017