trying to lose weight and having one tiny problem--my husband saboutages me?

Dr. Janet Greenhut
Preventive Medicine 43 years experience
Can you two talk?: Try asking him if he'll have a talk with you and let him know -- without blaming him -- that you'd love to have his support in your effort to lose weight. And tell him specifically what kind of help you'd like. Is he also overweight? If so, he may see your desire to lose weight as a criticism of him. Let him know you love him no matter what he weighs.
Dr. Susan Feingold
Clinical Psychology 29 years experience
Why?: I think you have to ask yourself why he does this and have a heart to heart talk with him. Is he insecure that he will lose you if you become healthier and more attractive? Is he also overweight? Does he sabotage you in other goals as well? If you don't get anywhere communicating with him about why he does this, consider getting marital therapy to help you change some of these patterns.