are there vitamins and minerals that aid in weight loss or appetite suppression?

No, but take vitamin: There is not a vitamin nor mineral that helps one lose weight, but a person on a weight-loss diet should take one daily over-the-counter "multi-vitamin & minerals", in case his diet is low on a vitamin. Successful weight loss comes from a permanent change in lifestyle and eating habits. If a person eats fewer calories than he needs to live on each day, his body will burn the stored fuel (his fat).
Dr. Nadu Tuakli
Dr. Nadu Tuakli commented
Chromium is also a good supplement to take when you are trying to lose weight
Oct 8, 2011
Dr. Maritza Baez
No. try this: Make sure you exercise at least 30 minutes a day, don't skip meals, avoid soda, juice, dairy, alcohol and fried foods. Eat a healthy well balanced diet! also water, organic vegetable broth, green leafy vegetables, natural pickles, apples are great to fill you up so you dont feel hungry and they are very low in calories.
Dr. Michael Rothman
Phenylalanine : Phenylalanine is an Amino Acid that tends to stimulate your sympathetic nervous system. This Amino Acid may be helpful to reduce appetite in people who have high levels of parasympathetic tone. It could casue anxiety in patients that are already too sympathetic. Do not take this if you have high blood pressure. Also talk to your doctor before using this.