my toe nail is black inside how can i get rid of that black thing under my toe nail?

3 doctor answers
Dr. Steven Charlap
36 years experience Holistic Medicine
Depends: If you got it from trauma, leave it alone. The nail will grow and it will go away. If it developed without any injury whatsoever and it is not painful, you must have it evaluated right away because it can be a type of tumor.
Answered on Jul 14, 2017
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
27 years experience Podiatry
So without: Scaring you, the black thing is hopefully just blood. If so, your going to have to wait for it to reach the end of the nail and then you would simply cut it. On the flip side, you have to make sure the discoloration is benign and that it is not something malignant. You would know if it just occured after trauma, when in doubt visit the dermatologist.
Answered on Aug 2, 2012
Dr. Alan Ettinger
48 years experience Podiatry
Let it grow out: My concern is if this is not traumatic it could be a serious problem. Please get checked by a dermatologist.
Answered on Aug 4, 2012