I'm 55 , had my right kidney removed, pathology chromophobe not high grade and stage 2 I am also in good health. Is this af favorable prognosis?

Dr. Joseph Woods
27 years experience in Pathology
Relatively yes.: Chromophobe cancer of the kidney makes up about 5% of renal cancers and tends to have a more favorable prognosis than regular renal cancer. Your report says it is not high grade, which means it is likely well differentiated, or more like normal tissue. Stage ii means it is within gerota's fascia or the renal capsule, and has not spread to the rest of the body. So overall, this is a good result.
Answered on Oct 24, 2013
1