what are the differences between a spider bite and a mosquito bite?

Dr. Peter Duic
Emergency Medicine 9 years experience
Not much: Most insect bites are not dangerous. You have to watch for signs of infection resulting from the bite, typically occuring over the first few days. It really is of no consequence what bit you. Luckily most spider bites are not dangerous and the dangerous spiders, black widow and brown recluse are not that common. I think your zip code is the northeast which is not where the brown recluse is found.
Dr. Joseph Bouvier
Depends: Most spiders can cause local reactions with redness, swelling and warmth without pain but with itch like mosquitos, but others can cause more severe issues and these would be determined by the type of spider bite such as latrodectus - black widow genus or loxoceles - brown spider - (recluse) genus (in the usa). There are other problem species like hobo (tegenaria genus) and (cheiracanthium) too.