What is a good response when someone who is very narcissistic tells you you're too demanding?

Dr. Peter Forster
Can you help me?: This is an extremely common experience, it is called projection, and it refers to how we often are inclined to assume that the other person is thinking and feeling the way we are thinking are feeling. The best response is to avoid being defensive (me demanding, you stupid sob you are the narcissist) and instead ask questions to understand why that is the case... Just questions can be enough.