How can i do a self breast exam on me?

Dr. Wayne Ingram
Specializes in Obstetrics and Gynecology
Monthly: After your monthly period, divide the each breast into 4 quadrants while lying down and using the palmer surfaces of 3 fingers circularly check each quadrant and finally the nipple area. If there is doubt about a "lump", jump in the shower and soap your breasts. Most times, fibrocystic "lumps" disappear and the "real meal deal" stands out. See a md if you are unsure.
Dr. Sean Canale
Breast Surgery 30 years experience
Focus on our normal : Focus on learning what's normal for you and your body. Then if there's something different or drawing your attention particularly if it's persistent then contact your doctor and let them evaluate.
Breast self-exam: Breath in slowly ; deeply through your nostrils. Fill your lungs with air (but not to the point of discomfort). Hold for a count of five then slowly begin to exhale through an open mouth. Repeat at least 12 times, longer if you need to.
Dr. Jan Lei Iwata
Ophthalmology 26 years experience
Google it! Very easy: to do! There are great pdf's and handouts online that will help you. Best done before your period, and starting the same way each time using small motions, best described in breast health websites. Also, your PCP can instruct you first hand how to do it. Doing it at least once a month is advisable. You can do it at home resting on your bed, or in the shower. Thanks for asking a very important Q!