can you completely remove hepatitis b?

Dr. Joel Gallant
Infectious Disease 36 years experience
Unlikely: That is very unlikely to happen if you have chronic hepatitis b. However, you can keep your infection suppressed with medication.

What do I do if I or my partner can't remove my diaphragm after sex?

Dr. Amy Herold
Squat: Try hooking either over or under the front rim of the diaphragm to remove it. If it's still not budging try squatting and pushing down with your abdominal muscles to move it down a bit, then try to pull it out. You can also try removing it in the bathtub to open the vaginal walls a bit. If it still won't come out, a doctor should be seen within 24 hours to remove it.

Can anything be injected to remove the interstitial cystitis?

Dr. Jeff Livingston
Yes: Most patients with interstitial cystitis start with dietary changes and a medication called elmiron (pentosan). Some patients benefit from weekly bladder irrigation with a combination of medications called Heparin and lidocaine. These are injected into the bladder through a small catheter. This can be very helpful. For patients that do not respond there is an outpatient surgical treatment called interstim.

How can I remove scabies mites from my house or carpet? Or my clothes?

Vacuum; wash clothes: To feel safe after the family had scabies or head lice, one can vacuum everywhere, and wash the washables (sheets, clothes) and dry them with the hot setting if the fabric allows it. Live mainly in one "safe room" that's super clean, and wait 10 days before living in the rest of the home. If extremely worried, repeat the vacuuming and washing once more, before living in the rest of the home.

If I havesurgery to take out a disc in my back, what will replace the disc that the doctor removes?

Dr. R. Scott Anderson
Radiation Oncology 39 years experience
Fibrotic scar: They don't remove the disc itself just the gelatinous nucleus pulposis, this is what protrudes and causes nerve root or spinal compression.

With which causes do you associate infection with hepatitis a?

Pathology 49 years experience
Fecal contamination: Hepatitis is transmitted through the fecal-oral route. Ingestion of virally contaminated water or food causes hepaatitis a.

Last updated Feb 21, 2013