what are the major risk factors of a copper iud?

Dr. Paul Singh
Bleeding: Abnormal bleeding is the most common side effect of copper. Dislodging, travelling upwards into the uterus and rarely causing perforation.

Are copper iuds safe for wilson's disease patients?

Dr. Jack Mutnick
Allergy and Immunology 17 years experience
Unknown: Speak with your wilson's specialist first. Then it might be best to have patch testing with an allergist to see if you react to the copper. Very likely it is safe, but there are other alternatives.....Why take the chance?

Can you get a abnormal pap due to IUD being taken out from your body?

Dr. Lisa Lepine
Gynecology 31 years experience
No: Abnormal pap smears are caused by hpv or human papillomavirus. Hpv is very common and nearly 80% of us will acquire a strain of it in our lifetimes. Fortunately, most peaople will clear hpv without the need for intervention. Close follow-up is required to ensure that the abnormal cells resolve rather than progress. If your pap was abnormal after iud removal, it was likely just coincidental.

How do the copper iuds (paraguard) work?

Dr. Raj Syal
Dr. Raj Syalanswered
Inflamation: The IUD causes inflammation in the uterus which causes the sperm to not survive.

What are the warning signs I should look for if I have a copper iud?

Dr. Raj Syal
Dr. Raj Syalanswered
Indianapolis, IN

I got my IUD march 23 and I got on the pills 4 1week and I cnt get pregnant wats wrong?

Dr. Miguel Cano
Birth Control (?): If you got an iud on 3/23...That's birth control, you're not likely to get pregnant. If you took ocps for a week and can't get pregnant, good!....They're not made for fertility..... So, if you want birth control, you don't need pills, your iud should suffice. If you want to get pregnant, schedule an appt with your doc & get some seriously well-needed information. Take care of yourself.