Greenville, AL

I had a late period, and then my period was only an hour long. could i be pregnant?

Dr. Marianne DiNapoli
Dr. Marianne DiNapolianswered
Yes: If you think you could be pregnant, you can take an at home pregnancy tests. They are very accurate. If you still haven't gotten your period after a few more days, you could consider making an appointment with your doctor for an evaluation.
Dr. Miguel Cano
Dr. Miguel Cano commented
Good answer Marianne. I'm sorry they pasted my mug instead of yours...
Jul 20, 2012
Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge
Possible: If you are sexually active and especially if you are not using a highly effective form of birth control, then you could be pregnant. It's possible when pregnant to have bleeding that can be mistaken for a period. A home pregnancy test is a good way to find out for sure.
Dr. PETER Stanfield
Yes, absolutely if you are sexually active and not using birth control. You should continue to check for pregnancy for at least 2-4 weeks Use the first urine in the morning when you wake up or otherwise try with a blood test for pregnancy.
Jul 21, 2012
Dr. Bac Nguyen
Check home PT: The easiest way to tell is to do a home pregnancy test. If negative, check again in 5-7 days. If still negative then, it is likely negative--as these hpt are quite good. If positive, congrats. Good luck.