i got hit by a car on my bike. now i have road rash on my face. how do i prevent it from scarring?

3 doctor answers
Dr. Donald Yoo
14 years experience Plastic Surgery
Antibiotic ointment: If the abrasion is still in the healing phase - meaning still "raw" - keep it moist with antibiotic ointment until it re-epithelializes (skin grows back). Avoid sun exposure and be vigilant about sunscreen once healed. Also once the wound is healed using one of the scar gels (mederma, biocorneum, hybrisil) will help to minimize the appearance of the scar.
Answered on Jul 20, 2012
Dr. Suman Das
Dr. Suman Das answered
53 years experience Plastic Surgery
Go to a E.R.: Go to the nearest emergency room.First of all you need to make sure you did not have any other serious injury.You need a good scrubbing of your face to get rid of deep impregnated dirts to prevent tattoopng.The best place for you is an emergency room in nearest hospital.
Answered on Sep 28, 2016
Dr. Ratna Dhingra
43 years experience Pediatrics
Keep clean: wash with soap and water,keep clean,apply neosporin.after it heals make sure you use extra sun screen on that area.
Answered on Aug 24, 2014
1
Dr. Carrie Cannon
I agree, but prefer not to use neosporin due to its ability to cause contact dermatitis in some people. Bacitracin is also good.
Aug 24, 2014