why am i feeling depressed if i just graduated high school?

Dr. Lawrence Smith
Clinical Psychology 30 years experience
Adjusting takes time: During a time of transition like graduating from high school people can feel depressed or anxious as they adjust to a new phase of life. You will adjust, but you'll need to do your part. Develop a vision for your life/future and start working on goals. Stay in touch with people. You're not the only one going through this. Call friends, make new ones, get together, help each other move forward.
Don't know: Now that you have graduated, do you have a life plan? Making major life changes without a plan for transition can be daunting. As you leave highschool - you may be leaving some of your identify behind. The most important thing you can do right now is to find what gives your life a sense of purpose and set goals in that direction.