i am having surgeries 1 week apart. is that a safe duration between general anesthesia?

Dr. George T Tsai
General Surgery 27 years experience
Should be fine: Your doctor must have a good reason to make such recommendation. If you are not sure, ask for clarification. Modern anesthesia is generally safe and surgeons do perform staged procedures when necessary.
Dr. Jon Krook
General Surgery 24 years experience
Depends: As far as the anesthesia goes, not much risk. However, the two surgeries could interact. If you have significant blood loss from the first surgery it could make the second more risky. If there are separate surgeons for each procedure, make sure they are aware of what the other is doing and talk to them about it.
Dr. Richard Pollard
Anesthesiology 30 years experience
Yes: The medications used during your anesthesia should have disappeared from your body within 72 hours. As long as you anesthesiologist knows about your earlier operation this should not be a problem.