are there true and tried methods to stop teeth grinding ?

Dr. Mandakini Patel
Grinding teeth: Peopel usually grind their teeeth when they are stresed out int the day time over something and it plays out agian in sleep as teeth grinding. Try relaxation methods before u go to bed. Some yoga with relaxing asanas should help. See your dentist for a mouth guard as well.
Dr. Daniel Sampson
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery 26 years experience
No: Most of the time, we cannot stop tooth grinding. This typically happens at night when we are sleeping. The best thing for tooth grinding (or bruxism) is to have a custom mouthguard made that protects the teeth and the tm joint. Over the counter mouthguards are not effective and can worsen the problem. It is important to have a nightguard if you do grind to prevent damage to your teeth.
Dr. Jayang Vora
Dr. Jayang Vora commented
Dentistry 48 years experience
I TELL MY PATIENTS TO GO TO YOUR MD AND GET A SLEEP STUDY DONE.CAUSE OF NIGHT TIME GRINDING MAY BE OBSTRUCTIVE AIRWAY DISORDER.
Jul 11, 2012
Dr. Daniel Sampson
Provided original answer
This is true, many patients with sleep apnea also grind their teeth.
Jul 11, 2012