best way to relieve arthritic pains in the hip?

Dr. Clive Segil
Orthopedic Surgery 58 years experience
Correct diagnosis: Then based on the diagnosis specific remedies.

Is it advisable to immobilize my leg after pulling my hamstring if the pain is not severe?

Dr. Randy Lisch
Podiatry 38 years experience
No: Try to massage the hamstring with a roller and stretch the muscle gently as much as possible.

Is metformin the best medicine to treat diabetes type 2?

Dr. Yash Khanna
Metformin best RX/Di: Yes in my humble opinion, it is the best and often used first line med for type 2 diabetes it is effective on Insulin resistance, it is dirt cheap and every body can afford it if they can tolerate it, and it is wieght neutral, meaning you do not gain weight like other meds except few new oncce.

What are best ways to help kids develop lifelong healthy eating habits?

Dr. SCOTT SWOPE
Show by example: Show the child what to eat by setting an example of what you eat this is a long process of many months to years. The amount of exercise will also have to be included.

What's the best treatment for runners knee?

Dr. Ronald Galyon
Orthopedic Surgery 35 years experience
Exam needed: Runner's knee is a term used to refer to a number of medical conditions that cause pain around the front of the knee . These conditions include anterior knee pain syndrome, patellofemoral malalignment, and chondromalacia patella. Some call lateral knee pain, it band irritation runners knee. Simple education, exercise, and footwear may be all that is needed while some need more agressive treatment.

My daughter just came back from haiti..She has a 1" radius of redness with a black center? Is this a spider bite? She is having pain with it.

Dr. Cornelia Franz
Specializes in Pediatrics
Could be : She needs to be seen and have that evaluated. Black center means a necrotic center and may need to be debrided. Make an appointment.

Last updated Oct 3, 2016