U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 43-year-old member asked:

how can i get rid of nose allergies (sneezing, runny nose) without the use of medication?

2 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Gary Steven
Pediatric Allergy and Asthma 30 years experience
Two things: Allergy injections can change your immune system so that you become less allergic, and less likely to react to your allergens. The only other way to do this is to get skin tested by an allergist to find out exactly what is causing your symptoms, and take steps to avoid exposure to these allergens in your environment.
Dr. Katharine Garnier
Family Medicine 33 years experience
You can try using a neti pot to "wash out" the allergens you breath in, used regularly it can help, be sure to boil the water you use and then let it cool.
Jul 10, 2012
Dr. Marina Armendariz
Pediatrics 26 years experience
Allergies: You can get rid of allergy symptoms or lessen them by decreasing your exposure to what causes your allergies. Start with a hepa filter in your bedroom. Avoid opening the window in your bedroom. Use synthetic pillows rather than down pillows. Minimize the dust in your home or bedroom, by getting rid of rugs and curtains and stuffed animals.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Talk to a doctor
$30 per visit with

Similar questions

A member asked:

How can I prevent ear infections in my child?

3 doctor answers9 doctors weighed in
Dr. Michael Coogan
Pediatrics 48 years experience
Airway inflammation: Since ear infections begin with inflammation in the upper airway (nose and throat), parents should avoid situations that may lead to inflammation. These include, but are not limited to: cold viruses, irritants like cigarette smoke, and aeroallergens such as pollen, in certain susceptible children.
A 34-year-old member asked:

Can genetic testing prevent birth defects in pregnancy?

3 doctor answers6 doctors weighed in
Dr. Padmavati Garvey
A Verified Doctoranswered
A US doctor answeredLearn more
No: First genetics are responsible for only some birth defects. Second the genetic tests that are usually done in pregnancy are for chromosomal problems (like down's syndrome), not for single gene problems or genetic syndromes.
A 30-year-old member asked:

Lately i've had skin rashes and itchiness. Should I use calamine lotion or aloe?

2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Sheila Goodman
Specializes in Obstetrics and Gynecology
Either: Either may help with symptoms. Hydrocortisone cream which is available over-the-counter may both relieve the symptoms and help get rid of the rash. Antihistamines like claritin, zyrtec and Benadryl (diphenhydramine) will also help for both.
A 33-year-old member asked:

Can having type 2 diabetes and high blood pressure prevent the penis from having a full erection?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Gutti Rao
Hospital-based practice 46 years experience
DM & HTN: Both diseases are prone to cause impotence or erectile dysfunction. Due to atherosclerotic process and possibly neuropathy, sympathetic nerve dysfunction. Some of the meds also can cause ed.
Tampa, FL
A 26-year-old female asked:

My son which is 2 years old and I have had diahhrea for 6 days and vomitting only off and on usually when we eat we also have runny noses and no fever?

1 doctor answer5 doctors weighed in
Dr. Jeffrey Pollard
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 21 years experience
Sounds like virus: Sounds like a viral "enteritis" - basically a "stomach flu". Viral gastrointestinal infections can not only be tedious to get through, they can also be quite serious in a small child. With symptoms of that duration in a 2 y/o you may need to get reassurance from a pediatrician or urgent care doctor that he/she is staying hydrated enough (as 2 y/o's don't have much reserve). Hope this helps!

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Talk to a doctor
$30 per visit with
Last updated Jun 11, 2014
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
$30 per visit with


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.