what do i do about knee joint pain that only hurts behind my knee?

Dr. John McDonald
Orthopedic Surgery 16 years experience
Depends on the cause: Many things can present as back of the knee pain: meniscus tears, cartilage injury, hamstring tendonitis or tears, muscle strain (calf or thigh), arthritis, bone bruise, nerve injury. If the pain does not resolve with rest, nsaids/tylenol, ice, and activity modification, see your doctor.
Dr. Qamar Khan
Pain Management 17 years experience
See your doctor: You could have a host of issues that could cause your knee pain, could be bursitis, tendonitis, arthritis, ligament issues, meniscal injury, sciatica etc. So you may want to see an orthopedic pain specialist that can tell you what is going and help you with the latest treatments and exercise therapies available.