what is the deal with statin drugs and artificial joints?

Dr. Mark Stern
Cardiology 46 years experience
No deal that I know : No connection that I am aware of.

What else could cause joint inflammation?

Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Orthopedic Surgery 49 years experience
Many things: To have inflamed jiont, could germs, virus, auto imnune disease, could trruma, and other?

I don't have osteoarthritis yet, but I feel a little stiff in my joints sometimes. What can I do to keep this from turning into osteoarthritis?

Dr. Pam Yoder
Specializes in Maternal-Fetal Medicine
MD or DO, OT: Experienced rheumatologists, orthopedic surgeons, or physical medicine doctors can provide exam and say what is best to do or avoid. Occupational therapists can help with workouts. A person could seek a referral to a registered dietitian to ensure adequate nourishment daily. Please see my health guides to food and to fitness/exercise also.

Why are ear symptoms associated with tm joint disorders?

Dr. Patrick Melder
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 27 years experience
Referred symptoms: The TMJ (temporomandibular joint - jaw joint) is right in front of the ear canal. Pain in the joint can be referred to the ear (similar to pain from a heart attack being referred to the left arm). Popping or grinding noises in the joint can sound like they are from the ear.

Does carpal tunnel syndrome effect other joints than the wrist?

Dr. Ankush Bansal
Tarsal tunnel: There is a similar condition called tarsal tunnel syndrome in the foot. There the posterior tibial nerve (running behind the leg and ankle) is compressed. In extreme cases, surgery is indicated.

Can gout cause swelling to the joints?

Dr. Vasu Brown
Integrative Medicine 34 years experience
Yes: Yes gout can cause swelling to the joints.

Last updated Jul 9, 2012