my sister-in law was diagnosed with bone cancer (osteogenic sarcoma)? how good is the survival for this?

Dr. Addagada Rao
General Surgery 56 years experience
Prognosis guarded: Sorry , fairly rare very malignant tumor of bone ( usually long bones ) early stages possible to salvage the limp, prognosis depends on the stage of disease.
Dr. Ilya Iofin
Orthopedic Surgery 18 years experience
Variable: Most patients with osteogenic sarcomas can be cured and have a normal life span. Chemotherapy and surgery are required. Even in cases where sarcoma had spread, cure can sometimes be achieved. In cases where it cannot be cured, patients may live from weeks to years. Each case is different. Nobody can predict survival of any one patient. We only know statistics for large groups. Good luck!