what steps should be taken after a cat bite that breaks skin?

Clean well,Ttnus ? : A thorough cleaning may suffice for most simple cat bites. Verification of tetanus protection and monitoring the site for redness or oozing after the event are also important.Especially worrisome are bites into the web space between the fingers as infection here can travel into the hand quickly.When in doubt, have it looked at.
Dr. Walter Hoerman
Needs antibiotics: Should be cleaned thoroughly with topical antibiotics, needs to be treated with oral augmentin, (amoxicillin and clavulanate) and should assess the cat for rabies risk.
Dr. Antonio Cruz
Dermatology 15 years experience
Potential infection: Once the skin is broken there is a risk for an infection. I would recommend going to a walk in or urgent care center to be examined and given antibiotics to prevent infection.