why should i have genetic testing done for reproductive purposes?

Dr. Alfredo Garcia
Genetic tetsting: If you are having fertility problems, genetic testing is an important tool. Some people carry recessive genes for chronic illnesses or degenerative diseases that can be fatal to the fetus. Performing genetic testing on both parents-to-be will be very helpful in deciding whether even to have a baby.
Hard to say: You get more from this site if you provide background information on your issue and then ask a question. I see your age listed as 49 & if this is about a pregnancy you would have about 1/50 risk of a high needs baby with Down syndrome. You may or may not care but since 1/3 have a heart defect & most have some issues you may want a heads up. Without knowing why you ask, it is hart to be specific.