does hashimoto's thyroiditis increase your risk for thyroid cancer?

Dr. Cayce Jehaimi
Pediatric Endocrinology 21 years experience
Not clear: There is no hard evidence to support such claim, however there seem to be an association in some of the studies that came out in europe. The argument is that prolonged TSH elevation can be a confounding factor.
Dr. Lee Pederson
General Surgery 27 years experience
A little: Is an association between hashimotos and thyroid lymphoma. If you had thyroidectomy, for other reasons, you don't need to worry about developing that. If not, intermittent neck ultrasounds can be a useful screening test.