Afghanistan

I have intermittent (1x/week) sharp pain in the small inside area right below my ankle bone and the bottom of my foot. it occurs randomly when i walk?

Dr. Nika Ferdowsi
Specializes in Family Medicine
Alignment of Bones: There are many bones in the foot. Those bones have structures like tendons/ligaments/muscles interacting with them. It could be that the alignment of one of these structures is slightly out. This can happen due to trauma, excessive use, or even just from walking incorrectly. A physician who practices osteopathic manipulative therapy can help evaluate if this is the case.
Dr. Arnold Beresh
Podiatry 41 years experience
Nerve pain: If it is the inside of your ankle you may have irritated the nerve, or you may have a strain of the ligament.
Dr. Robert Kornfeld
Podiatry 41 years experience
Nerve pain: This could be early signs of tarsal tunnel syndrome. I suggest you see a podiatrist sooner than later.

Last updated Oct 3, 2016