attention deficit hyperactivity disorder is permanent once a person has it?

Dr. Carla Enriquez
49 years experience Pediatrics
Real biological : Adhd persists into adulthood 65% of the time. Hundreds of studies have proven it to be a neurobiological disorder with a genetic and neurotoxic basis. It is not a conglomeration of symptoms. See my health hints and health files for further information.
Answered on Apr 13, 2016
1
Dr. Glen Elliott
42 years experience Child Psychiatry
It does change with time, however, with less hyperactivity and more problems with planning and continued issues with focus. And, some people may "outgrow" it, or at least develop coping mechanisms that minimize impairment from the symptoms.
Jun 29, 2012