how iscarnitine deficiency treated in infants?

Dr. Derrick Lonsdale
Preventive Medicine 73 years experience
Supplement: Carnitine can be given as a supplement but carnitine deficiency is rare.

Do baby monitors keep babies safe?

Dr. Michael Joseph
Pain Management 28 years experience
No: Baby monitors only help you keep your baby safe. It is your care in not leaving your baby unattended that keeps them safe.

What common household hazards for infants?

Dr. Gregg Alexander
Many, many.: Many of the common household products you may take for granted can be very toxic to an infant. Cleaning supplies, bug repellents, cosmetics, hair sprays, rubbing alcohol, and many more can be lethal if babies ingest them. Some are even dangerous if there is contact with their skin. Electrical outlets and devices are big concerns as are stairs, sharp objects, fragile items, and litter boxes, too.

Do infants sweat?

Dr. Nanette Nuessle
Specializes in Pediatrics
Yes: Babies can sweat, but it is not common and can be a sign of a problem. Usually it is a sign of overwrapping, which means the child is dressed in too many layers. However, if the infant is not overdressed and it is occurring with feedings, it can mean there is a problem with your baby's heart. If you suspect this is the case, you should contact your healthcare provider right away.

When is it safe to give my baby cow's milk?

Dr. Kathleen Forcier
Specializes in General Practice
1 years: Babies can drink cow's milk-based formulas from birth, cow's milk-based yogurt from around 6-9 months, but shouldn't be given plain cow's milk until they are 1 year old. They should drink about 18 ounces of whole milk a day (too much more than that can cause iron deficiency anemia). Starting at age 2 you should switch the whole milk over to low fat or skim milk.

I am afraid of the shots that I have to give my months old baby! what is the problem in order to do them later when it is a bit older?I

Dr. Mark Diamond
Exposure: Waiting simply allows them further exposure to the diseases. And having a current epidemic of whooping cough(pertussis) where i practice, your child has an increased risk of serious disease and even death by waiting.And the shots are a much safer risk than taking a chance on getting the disease!