i have a burning itching sensation all over my body, but i have not rashes. what can it be and what can i do to prevent or stop this. thanks, ?

Dr. Michio Abe
Generalized itching: It can be caused by a number of different things including allergic reaction to a medication or something you ate, medication side effects, dry skin, scabies, body lice, liver or gallbladder disease (causing high bilirubin levels), thyroid disease, mastocytosis, kidney disease, iron deficiency, pregnancy, menopause or certain cancers such as lymphoma. You need a doctor to sort things out for you.
Dr. Nayla Mumneh
Allergy and Immunology 29 years experience
Itching: You can take Allegra (fexofenadine) or zyrtec over the counter to help you with the itching sensation but eventually you need to see an allergist to run some tests and see what is going on.