wondering if you're likely to always be a total buzzkill?

Dr. Raphael Peralta
Specializes in Family Medicine
Buzzkill?: Wats a buzzkill?

Is the "total gym" apparatus as effective as it claims to be?

Dr. Gregory Harvey
Orthopedic Surgery 38 years experience
Yes: Yes the total gym is a good, simple, effective piece of exercise equipment. Make sure you follow the recommended exercises and techniques that come with the equipment.

Twice now I have been in bed either waking up or falling asleep and all of a sudden it feels like the whole world is moving up and down. Why?

Dr. Bernstein Joel
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 60 years experience
Positional Vertigpo: A possible diagnosis is bppv or benign paroxysmal positional vertigo. This is a common entity thought to be due to loose calcium carbonate crystals in the inner from one of the balance organs called the utricle. When specific movements of the head occur, the loose microscopic stones (otoconia) move and cause a true vertiginous (spinning) sensation. This is often a self limited problem.

I have a cold my whole life now. What can I do to finallystop it?

Dr. Luis Villaplana
No you do not: There is likely to be an explanation for your symptoms, and a lifetime cold is not one of them.

Are whole grains good for you?

Dr. Bac Nguyen
So they said..: Well, it is a well known thing that whole-grains are better for you, because it is not as vigorously processed. Processed foods strip off the vitamins/fibers and thus not much health benefit left. Whole-grains retain the 'shells" which is the part containing the most vitamins/fibers. But like anything else, excessive may not be a good thing. Key is balance. Be sensible!.. Good luck.

Why is whole milk not as good as skim?

Why do U think that?: Before 2 we encourage regular milk to assure a fat source while the brain ( which uses it for insulating nerves)is growing rapidly. As the growth starts to slow, the extra is not as important. Milk then becomes more important for the calcium it supplies, which the reduced fat milks do well. If the kid is very lean, it may be reasonable to continue regular milk.

Last updated Jun 8, 2012