How are pulmonary hypertension, congestive heart failure interrelated?

Dr. Mark Avdalovic
24 years experience in Pulmonary Critical Care
Closely: Impaired left heart function leads to elevated filling pressure of the left heart and this pressure is transmitted to the right heart creating pulmonary htn, this is the most common cause of pulmonary htn. When the right heart is the primary heart disease it reuslts in the right heart enlarging and pushing into the left heart. This will impair the forward flow of blood by the heart.
Answered on May 25, 2019

Have health concerns or questions and need access to a doctor? HealthTap has you covered.