can a deviated septum be common?

Dr. Bernstein Joel
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 60 years experience
Very common: The nasal cartilage in the midline of the nose is the nasal septum. As such, it is the most common site for injury and is the structure of the mid-portion of the face that is most likely to be involved in trauma. Having a perfectly straight septum is rare. Almost everybody has had some minor or major injury to the front of his/her nose resulting in some deviation of the septal cartilage.
Dr. Suzanne Galli
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 24 years experience
Deviated septum: A deviated septum is a common issue. It can be caused by trauma, position in utero and even during the birth process. If there are symptoms like nasal obstruction, snoring or recurrent sinusitis, have your nose evaluated by a board certified otolaryngologist.