is it possible for the body to reject a new heart after cardiac rehabilitation?

Dr. Samuel Hahn
Cardiology 28 years experience
No: Cardiac rehab should have no impact on rejection after heart transplant.
Dr. John Garner
Cardiology 16 years experience
Absolutely: The only thing that keeps the body from rejecting a new heart is your immunosuppressives (anti-rejection meds). Do not ever fail to take them as directed. There is no holistic, homeopathic, dietary, naturalistic [etc] alternative. Failure to take your drugs correctly will result in a waste of both the recipient's life as well as the donor's gift. :(.