how often do nurses round on patients in nursing home?

Dr. Arnold Beresh
Podiatry 41 years experience
Talk to the staff: I would discuss this with the staff at the home.

When you go to a nursing home and everyone in a chair is in the lobby near the nurses, is that ok?

Dr. Brad Bobrin
Not great: If they are there for a short time, ok. If it is all day, they are missing individual and group activities and the lack of such activities can actually cause and not prevent agitated behaviors.

Should I hire a nurse to take care of mom in medicaid nursing home?

Dr. Benjamin Lessig
Geriatrics 25 years experience
See below: You would need a permission from the director of nursing to allow a private nurse to care of your mom. You would have to pay privately on your behalf.
TX

I'm thinking of becoming a nurse I'm taking my prerequisites right now but I don't like biology. Are my nursing classes going to mainly biology?

Dr. Karen Butler
Core classes: For your nursing requirements you will need your course in biology. But after that you are ok. If you have trouble get a tutor to help you. Biology is really straight forward and most interesting. Just get yourself through and you will be ok. Mostly just memorizing

Last updated Jun 10, 2012