Brazil

does tooth abscess cause a lot of swelling or a just a bit?

Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dentistry 40 years experience
Maybe even none: Sometimes the abscess is subclinical... we can see it on a radiograph, but the patient has no outward signs. Really does not matter if it is a little or a lot of swelling. It needs to be treated.
Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. Paul Grin answered
Pain Management 36 years experience
See a dentist ASAP: Regardless, the size of the swelling, a tooth abscess won't go away without treatment and the infection may spread to your jaw, cheeks, sinus and to other areas of your head and neck. Dentist will treat a tooth abscess by treating the cause and getting rid of the infection. See your dentist ASAP.