Palo Alto, CA

i have mild tingling on my right cheek the day after drinking alcohol. worried it's peripheral neuropathy or tia. or it could be panic attack.

Dr. Philip Chao
Radiology 38 years experience
Doubtful: although alcohol can cause a peripheral neuropathy usually one does not drink it and have the symptoms the next day. It is usually a long term effect of many drinks - not just one. And you should see a neurologist if you are concerned about this. It could be a TIA. It could be RIND. It could even be a small stroke. Do you have any weakness or vision problems? see a doctor if you are.