Fort Thomas, KY

I currently have tennis elbow. can you tell me why all of the sudden,(last couple of days) it itches so much. thanks.

Dr. Anne Phelan-adams
Elbow splint?: Are you using a tennis elbow splint of some kind? Neoprene and some elastics can cause contact dermatitis. The longer the skin is in contact with the "allergen" the worse the reaction. If you are using a splint, talking with your doctor about using it only when necessary, modify activities that worsen your symptoms and ask for Rx for cortisone cream to ease the itching.

Last updated Jan 16, 2015