Boston, MA

doez prazosin cross the bbb and work in the cns? ive read conflicting things on pubmed and elsewhere. does any alpha-1 blocker cross the bbb?

Dr. Dariush Saghafi
Neurology 33 years experience
You must be reading: about its use as it treats nightmares in the brain. So yes, it clearly crosses the BBB and clearly WORKS. I treat many people with PTSD and nightmares from war vets to civilians, rape victims, assault, other abuse victims who have terrible nightmares and it practically clears everything up inside of 1 week or 2. Problems are lowered blood pressure, allergic reactions, and, first dose syncope.