India

sir, my urine color is always dark yellowish while i get up in the morning even though i drink sufficient water.is it bad symptom of health.?

Dr. Kathy Robinson
Probably not: Because you are not drinking water while you sleep the kidneys concentrate the urine. It is normal for the urine color to be darker yellow in the morning. As you wake up and start drinking water the kidneys do not have to conserve so much water and the urine becomes lighter yellow.
Dr. George Klauber
Specializes in Pediatric Urology
Normal: Less urine is produced at night due to action of anti-diuretic hormone, ADH (vasopressin), (vasopressin) which in normal people is produced more at night than during the day & you don't drink at night. ADH (vasopressin) acts on the kidney tubules to reabsorb more of filtered water.Thus urine is more concentrated & thus darker first thing in the am. Urine gets lighter by day as U drink more, less ADH (vasopressin) is secreted & urine becomes more dilute